The Kadoya Gallery Film Series is intended as a journey through the world of film. If you love film, then this series will help you learn more about film analysis, film reviews and discussions, period genres and movements in film style, and more. It will provide you an informed opinion that will hopefully make your enjoyment of the film medium deeper.
Film Series 2013
-La Règle du Jeu
-Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
-2001: A Space Odyssey
-Man with a Movie Camera
-The Passion of Joan of Arc
This series may be useful for professionals who need to be informed and conversant about the film-industry; for the layman who wants to know as much as he/she can about the world of film for personal enjoyment; or for the student, hoping to become familiar with the 'lay-of-the-land' for film-criticism.
Lessons include discussions on the following:
- How you can get real enjoyment from the films you watch, and why you should care
- Early film-history
- The process of film-making and how it relates to understanding the films you watch
- A look at 100 years of film-styles, genres and movements
- A discussion of film-psychology, and some fascinating aspects of the perception of films
- A review of 'films to watch', taken in 20-year periods starting in 1900, and moving through 2007, featuring all the classics from each era
- General ideas about film and art-theory as a consumer habit
- Film composers to know
- Film directors to know
- How to get your twenty-dollar's worth at the movie-theater
- New ways to enjoy film and new audience technologies
- And much more
Visit the Kadoya Gallery website for more details at:
The films series begins Monday, January 28, 2013.